Monday, March 25, 2013

Tamale Muffins (I'm in Heaven)

 I have died and gone to Heaven! Homemade Tamales, they're easy and they're delicious. My daughter, Sarah got this recipe from her friend Shirley Ward.

Tamale Muffins
3 cups of Masa
2 3/4 cups of chicken broth
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 tea of baking powder
1/2 cup of oil
4 oz can of green chilis
1/2 cup of Salsa Verde
2 - 12.5 oz cans of chunk chicken
2 cups of Colby Jack shredded cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, spray 2 muffin pans with oil spray. Open the cans of chicken, drain, shred and season. Sarah used thyme, parsley, cumin, pepper and garlic powder, all I used was garlic powder and
pepper. In a large bowl mix the masa, broth, salt, baking powder, chilis, oil, and salsa. Stir in the chicken and cheese and fill the cups to full. Bake for 40 minutes.

I didn't have chicken broth in a can so I microwaved the water and added 1 teaspoon of chicken broth granules. Also I added Morton Salt substitute instead of regular salt.
Sarah tried cooking these in foil muffin cups but they stuck to the cups and she had to peel
the liners off. The ones in the darker muffin
pan cooked better and there was hardly any
clean up....time to get another dark muffin pan.
When I pulled them out of the oven, I tried to dig one out but it was mushy, after they cooled I ran a plastic knife around the edges and they popped right out.
I ate the bad one and it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.